Terms and Conditions of Sale
Section 1: Quotation & Order Terms
- All quotations or estimates, either written or verbal will be valid for 30 days.
- By placing an order either verbally or in writing, it is deemed that these terms and conditions have been read and fully understood prior to the order placement. These terms and conditions are printed on the reverse of all invoices issued by MPC Services (UK) Ltd and on request.
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd operate within the regulations of The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014, the full details of which can be found on the Office of Public Sector Information.
- All equipment and goods supplied remain the property of MPC Services (UK) Ltd until fully paid for.
- All pipework orders are subject to a minimum order value of £506.00 plus VAT to qualify for free delivery. Should an order value be less than the minimum order value a delivery charge will be levied. Please ask for further details.
Section 2: Payment Terms & Conditions
- All items ordered shall be paid for in full by cleared funds prior.
- MPC Services accepts all forms of payment including all major debit and credit cards. MPC Services unfortunately does not accept payments by American Express charge cards. No payment fees are levied for payment taken by credit or debit cards.
- Any dispute regarding works or our invoice must be notified to our offices within 7 days of the delivery date or will be deemed invalid.
- No retention monies shall be held with previous agreement, which should be negotiated prior to the letting of the contract and in writing.
- Tailor – made items may require full payment in advance of placement of order.
- All prices are subject to VAT where applicable.
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd reserve the right under the Late Payments of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 to charge interest on overdue accounts at the rate of 8% above base rate.
Section 3: Cancellations & Returns
- Should a customer wish to cancel an order, then under The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014, written notice of cancellation should be given to MPC Services (UK) Ltd within 14 days after receipt of the goods. Should goods be ordered on a tailor-made basis, then these products are not covered by the 14 working days cancellation rights.
- Should an order be cancelled prior to delivery of a tailor-made item; a full refund will be given so long as written cancellation is received before the item has gone into production. If, however the item has entered production, there may be a cancellation fee charged by the manufacturers which will be payable by the customer. This fee could be up to 100% cost of the ordered item.
- Where a contract is cancelled, the customer is obliged under the above regulations to ensure that reasonable care is taken of any goods received and ‘restore’ them to us. This does not mean that the customer is obliged to return them to us unless stipulated in the contract, only that the goods are made available for us to collect.
- In the case of a cancelled order, should any damage be made to the items between the time of delivery and the time they are returned to us or the manufacturer, or any parts be missing as detailed in the original signed delivery note, then MPC Services (UK) Ltd reserve the right to refuse the return of goods or levy a charge to a maximum of 100% of the cost of the items.
- Any standard Goods (i.e. Goods that are on the Website) returned under condition 3.1 may be subject to a handling and restocking fee.
- In the case of a cancelled order, MPC Services (UK) Ltd will return the customers monies as soon as possible and at the latest within 14 days of receiving a written notice of cancellation.
- If payment for goods is under a related credit agreement, the customers cancellation notice also has the effect of cancelling the credit agreement.
Section 4: Liability & Specification
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd does not take responsibility for the design criteria of the chosen drainage, sewage treatment plant or pumping station. This to be carried out by the customer prior to the order.
- It is the customers responsibility to obtain confirmation from the relevant local Building Authority Services Building Inspector that that pumping stations are fit for purpose and comply with the current Building Regulations in respect of 24-hour retentive capacity.
- It should be noted that should Environment Agency or Local Authority consent be required, MPC Services (UK) Ltd do not undertake to obtain this consent unless specifically requested and agreed in writing.
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd will not assist with the specification of any product, it is the responsibility of the customer to advise of any invert levels applicable to the site.
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd do not accept liability for the installed system’s failure to perform due to incorrect design based on misinformation or misinterpretation of information and where design of the proposed system has been prior to our involvement with the project.
- Please note that pumping stations will be supplied fit for the pumping of the appropriate waste matter agreed at specification stage. Should third party items be discharged into the unit (such as but not limited to; nappies, sanitary ware or wipes) MPC Services (UK) Ltd does not accept responsibility for the malfunction of the unit.
- Specialist guidance by a structural engineer may be required to ensure that any vehicle rated cover is installed correctly. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that the vehicle rated cover is installed correctly.
Section 5: Maintenance Contracts
- If on a service visit, or a breakdown call-out under a Gold Star maintenance contract, units are assessed as being faulty due to ground/flood water ingress, blocked drains or power failures/surges caused by external 3rd parties then MPC Services (UK) Ltd reserve the right to pass on any subsequent costs for the repair of the units and any tankering charges for the removal of accumulated waste water to the customer.
- Structural parts and defects (shafts, control panels, pipework and associated labour costs and parts are all excluded under the Goldstar maintenance contract).
- All desludge cost are not included with the remit of the maintenance contract and in the event of an emergency desludge, routine desludge or a desludge to undertaken remedial works these costs are in addition to the quoted contract prices.
- All new maintenance contracts are only agreed by MPC Services (UK) Ltd as valid once a satisfactory site survey has been undertaken to establish the unit is fully operational. Should this survey reveal remedial works are require, then the contract shall only be effective once these works have been satisfactorily completed.
Section 6: Warranties & Guarantees
- All items supplied are guaranteed for the periods stipulated by the manufacturers. Full details of these periods are available from either MPC Services (UK) Ltd or from the manufacturers direct.
- Should there be a delay between the physical installation of the pumping chamber and the commissioning of the unit, under no circumstances should the pump be left in the dry chamber or submerged in water as this will damage the mechanical seal. Should this happen, and the seal is water damaged the pump will not be covered under the warranty.
- Should MPC Services (UK) Ltd be called out on a warranty call and a third-party item be found to be the cause of the fault, then the customer will be liable for the repair, time on site and travel costs of the engineer. Travel and time on site costs will be levied at the current rate of £68.00 per hour plus VAT. Mileage costs are currently 72 pence per mile plus VAT. This fee is required to be paid in full up front before the engineer leaves for site.
- Should an item supplied be faulty, then MPC Services (UK) Ltd will forward a replacement item as soon as possible, usually within 2 working days. In the case of a faulty electrical item, then MPC Services (UK) Ltd will request that the faulty item be returned for examination. The carriage cost will be borne by the customer and paid prior to the replacement. Should the fault be found to be a warranty claim, then this will be exchanged under the terms of the guarantee and all monies will be returned to the customer. However, if it can be ascertained that damage has been caused after delivery, the full cost of the item and delivery charges will be passed onto the customer. Prior to a replacement part being dispatched.
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd will always act in good faith to ensure that a sewage system is operational as soon as possible after a fault and will therefore usually supply a replacement electrical item immediately to ensure there is no disruption in service. It must be understood however, that should the fault not be a warranty issue then an invoice for any damage at site will be issued.
- Warranty is provided on works carried out by MPC Services for 60 days.
Section 7: Installation (Supply only/Supply & Installation/Project Specifications)
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd does not accept responsibility for the installation of any units when these are sold on a supply only basis. Full installation instructions are provided with the units and by prior request before delivery. Should it be necessary for technical information to be provided, or a site visit, then additional charges may be levied at the sum of £68.00 per hour plus VAT charged in 15-minute increments. The cost would also be levied on any travelling time and mileage to site.
- Should MPC Services (UK) Ltd attend site under the provision of completing a supervision installation on behalf of a customer, this is defined as attendance on site to oversee and advise on the project. This may include the supervision of the customers own staff/operatives. An agreed action plan to be agreed in the event of a supervised installation is to be agreed with both parties before the commencement of the project.
- When a sewage treatment plant, pumping station or any other waste water unit is sold on a supply only basis, it is always recommended that commissioning of the unit is carried out by an authorised engineer. This will ensure the best performance for the unit and that any warranty for the item is validated. Should you require details of the cost of the commissioning please contact MPC Services (UK) Ltd.
- Should the sewage treatment plant not be commissioned in accordance with the above recommendations, MPC Services (UK) Ltd does not accept responsibility for the effluent quality produced by the unit.
- Where a sewage treatment plant is sold on a supply only basis, it is always recommended that the servicing and emptying of the unit is carried out by an authorised engineer in accordance with the manufacturers recommended servicing and emptying intervals. This will ensure that the best performance results are achieved in respect of the effluent quality produced by the unit. Should you require details of the cost of either of these services, please contact MPC Services (UK) Ltd.
- Should the sewage treatment plant not be serviced or emptied in accordance with the above recommendations, MPC Services (UK) Ltd do not accept responsibility for the effluent quality produced by the unit.
- Should there be a delay between the physical installation of the pumping chamber and the commissioning of the unit, under no circumstances should the pump be left in the dry chamber or submerged in water as this will damage the mechanical seal. In the event of the seal being water damaged the pump will not be covered under a warranty.
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd does not undertaken to locate existing pipework and/or services or determination of combined systems i.e. surface and foul water, unless previously discussed and agreed. The undertaking of this work can be classified as additional work and a charge may be levied.
- Sewage treatment plants, pumping stations and waste water units are supplied with pedestrian rated covers unless specified. An additional cost will be levied for the supply of a vehicle rated cover. Please ask for the costs at the time of order to ensure the correct cover is supplied.
Installation (Project Specifications & Site Specifications)
- Should excavations reveal rock or material that requires the use of portable breaking machinery or an excavator fitted with a breaking hammer, additional work may be incurred, and the contract value may need to be adjusted.
- Should excavations reveal ground water with running sand, gravel or other unstable ground it may be necessary to employ heavy pumping equipment and/or dewatering equipment. Additional work may be incurred, and the contract value may need to be adjusted.
- Should excavations require the means of trench support or excavation support with regard to trench sheeting, trench boxes or hydraulic brace, additional work may be incurred, and this will be charged as an additional item and the contract value may need to be adjusted.
- All plant and materials remain the property of MPC Services (UK) Ltd until they are paid for in full and can removed from site without consultation at any time until full payment is received.
- All plant shall be paid for in full upon delivery to site and a deposit required upon placing of the official order and that rate will be agreed prior to placing of the order. Should payment not be available upon delivery, the plant may be returned to the supplier for re-delivery for which additional costs will be incurred.
- Should an order be place for a tailor-made sewage treatment plant or pumping station, then on commencement of manufacture of the unit, it is likely that substantial costs may be incurred by the manufacturer should the order then be cancelled. In this instance MPC Services (UK) Ltd reserve the right to pass on any cots levied to them by the manufacturer for the order cancellation. This fee may be up to 100% of the cost of the unit.
- The main contractor is to ensure the whole of the works is to be ready and available for commencement by the date agreed.
- It should be noted for the purposes of the estimate that the existing/proposed drain depth shall/does not exceed 1.000m. However, should this occur it will be charged as an additional item unless previously specified.
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd do not accept liability for any cables, pipes or drains damaged/broken during the execution of the contract, unless we are provided with the necessary information in the form or service drawings/maps and or location on site by the relevant service provider.
- Should tankering be required for any existing or new sewage systems or any other works involved with this contract, these will be charged as additional items unless otherwise agreed.
- It should be noted that to ballast sewage treatment system and/or any underground vessel installed by MPC Services (UK) Ltd, an adequate supply/source of water will be required within the curtilage of the site provided free of cost by the customer. Alternatively, should the water supply be carried in by means of a tanker this will be charged as an additional item.
- Payment in full of the contract value is to be made no later than 7 days after the practical completion of the contract. Failure to do so may result in interest being charged at a rate of 8% over the basic bank rate per day.
- It should be noted that percolation tests may be required to obtain accurate lin/m of irrigation system. It is assumed that others will carry these out prior to commencement on site unless requested.
- All surplus excavated material will be stockpiled within 5.000m of the relevant excavation. No allowance has been made within our estimate for the loading, removal or disposal of surplus excavated material; however, should this be required it will be charged as an additional item. Please note that it is assumed the excavated material will contain no contaminates. Should contaminates be found within the excavated material, any costs incurred for disposal of these contaminates will be charged as an additional item.
- Due to the nature of the works being carried out, a considerable amount of disruption will occur to the landscaping. No allowance has been made within our estimate for landscaping of the area affected, however, it is assumed that the surface will be graded and levelled (by machine) unless otherwise stated or previously agreed.
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd cannot accept liability for programme delays associated with missed or late deliveries (due to adverse traffic problems, weather conditions or vehicle breakdowns). Transport is sub-contracted and various hauliers can be used to transport your materials.
- MPC Services (UK) Ltd does not accept liability in relation to any/all aspects of this contract and related works for more than the paid-up sales value of this contract.
- Excavations works i.e. trenches may be subject to sinkage after a period of time. MPC Services (UK) Ltd is not liable for any reinstatement after 30 days following completion of the works.
- Should permission be required to cross adjoining land that is not owned by the customer MPC Services (UK) Ltd do not undertake to obtain this permission unless requested and agreed with the client for which a charge will be levied.
- Should day works be required or requested, these will be carried out at our current labour rates with on costs indicated as a percentage of the invoice total. Should you wish to receive a copy of this information this can be forwarded upon request.
- No credit will be given if the works are completed prior to the quoted time period.
- Should commissioning of any electrical equipment be included within the attached quotation then it is assumed that the power supply will be available to be connected at the same time as the installation of the treatment plant/pumping station. Should this not be the case and a separate return visit be required to commission the unit then an additional charge will apply.
- Should the customer request any additional works to be carried out other than those specified in the original contract, it is the customers responsibility to agree a price prior to commencement of the additional works, otherwise these works will be priced as per MPC Services (UK) Ltd.’s rates of pay identified in their day work rates plus materials and handling charges.